Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Power of Massage

There is a sign at my gym of someone getting a massage and a quote with something to the effect of not forgetting this part of your workout.  Oh, I won't is what I think every. single. time. I walk by.  Well, Jason got me a membership to Massage Envy awhile ago and I love it.  Especially during this pregnancy.

My back is shot these days and so it totally helps having these massages once a month...even prenatal ones.  I found the best massage therapist that gets how tight my back is and surprisingly enough I get relief.  Last time he said that I was going to hate him because he decided to kill my IT band.  Seriously, I wanted to hit him and scream but I just winced in pain.  But that whole next week I could feel the difference.  Hardly any pain in the back!  It is amazing how connected the muscles in our bodies are!

Anyway, my fitness thought for the day is to not forget the massage as part of your workout.  It really helps your muscles elongate and it is a nice relaxant for you.  And I have to add, you know those charlie horse pains you get in your legs while you are pregnant at night?  Well, I haven't gotten any yet and I really am attributing my monthy massages to that.  So worth every penny right there because those leg cramps are KILLER!

2 comments:

  1. I love my monthly massages. I figure, it helps w/ my anxiety and I don't spend money on perscriptions so I can justify it. :) My kneck and shoulders get so tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Massages are amazing. I NEVER get them, but they make everything better! And they ARE an important part of the workout. Even just when I use the rollers to massage my legs/IT at the gym it helps with everything. Go Jason for getting you that!

    ReplyDelete