Saturday, July 16, 2011

Substitutes

Back before I was a teacher, I was a substitute- hate to toot my own horn but I was (or at least thought I was) pretty darn good.  Then, I became a teacher and knew that most of the time when you make sub plans, you don't plan on grading anything that goes on that day or have them teach anything new.  I also ended my career as an excellent sub. But after saying that still, nothing can replace the actual teacher.

So, is true with aerobics classes.  Every morning us go getters at 5:30 am, expect great workouts because by golly we woke up for this!  You normally don't have newbies joining that crowd so we have good form and we know what we are doing.  And they have extremely great teachers teaching us.

Unless there is a sub. 

I should have learned my lesson two weeks ago when the same sub taught the same class.  I didn't see the teacher today before it was about to start and I had my gear all lined up.  That's when I should have packed up and gone out to the treadmills.  She wasn't so bad but she just talks WAY too much explaining things in between when we should have been working.  Plus, my heartrate doesn't get nearly as high as I'd like.

I repeat.  Nothing can replace the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment