Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My New Love...Oatmeal Shake

My friend recently shared with me her latest shake obsession and I must say I tried it and am completely OBSESSED!  Plus, it is a great way for me to use my oats that are just sitting in my food storage instead of making oatmeal cookies. :)

Here is the recipe:
Banana-she always uses frozen but I just use fresh and put ice in there to chill the shake.
1/2 c. oats
scoop of peanut butter (tablespoon)
squirt of honey
little bit of vanilla
1 c. of milk (or so).  I don't measure it out.

Since I like to live on the wild side, the past few times I made it I added some blueberries that I had in my fridge and some spinach since I love green smoothies.  I only added a handful of spinach because this shake is too good to ruin.  I was worried it would alter the taste a bunch but the peanut butter drowns it out.  Maybe I should add chocolate next because I do love a peanut butter and chocolate combo. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Or Nutella? Maybe you should add that...and then invite me over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I agree with adding chocolate! Now I just need a blender or to use my food processor! so yummy!

    ReplyDelete