Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Must Haves.....Date Night Edition

Over the weekend my husband and I had date night.  Boy, do I love date night!  Lately our date nights have been just dinner because that is about all I can handle sometimes....stupid swollen feet.  Anyway, awhile ago I made a rule for date nights:  No checking phones (unless you are alone like someone went to the bathroom or someone is calling you), we can't talk about our son, and my husband added a few other topics that we can't talk about it.  It seemed like all we could talk about was the weather.  It only lasted a month or so but it was fun to pretend we were just dating again. 

Well, with dinner just on our agenda I knew I needed to make sure we had great conversation.  To be honest, I could talk all night but sometimes my husband is content with little talking. :)  So, I'm so glad Pinterest is there because they have lots of date night ideas or, my personal favorite, lists of things to talk about.  I have a board called "Keeping it Fresh" on Pinterest and it is all about dating ideas, marriage, etc.  And I love it!

So I pulled out my phone and got this list from Hopes and Dreams.  Not gonna lie, my husband rolled his eyes when I told him what I was looking at.  I told him to pick a number between 1-30 and that was the question I was going to ask.  The question that we ended up talking about was

 Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

Let's just say it was a great starter for great conversation which we ended up talking about other things too.  In fact, I couldn't get my husband to shut up.  lol.  My kind of date!

So, give it a whirl and you just might be surprised.  I know I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment