Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thank you, Dr. Seuss!


My son is a picky eater.  I seriously hate it.  My sister can get him to eat things I cannot.  I think he sees his cousin eating it so he tries it.  In fact, my sister said she wanted to take him for a week for food therapy.  Go right ahead!  Anything to help.

He is starting to ask for fruit like grapes, bananas, apples, and oranges more so it makes me proud.  He ate those when he was little but then just kept his diet to quesadillas, mac and cheese, PB&J, chicken nuggets and to restaurant kid menus when we go out.

This makes dinner interesting at our house.  I don't cater to his picky eating.  I make what I make and he is expected to eat it.  He can't have any snacks after dinner or dessert if he doesn't eat some of it. 

Enter Dr. Seuss.

The other day we read Green Eggs and Ham. And I had an epiphany at dinner that night.  I told my son that Sam I am thought he wouldn't like it but then he tried it and it was good.

Who knew that would work on my son but it did?  He tried it and then all I heard was, "This is yummy!"  Let's just say it hasn't worked for everything but it has helped a lot.

A big thank you to Dr. Seuss!


1 comment:

  1. send him over!! :)
    i'll get him eating sushi in no time. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete