Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 for 30 Remix

I found this blog, Kendi Everyday, awhile ago and my inner fashionista has come out.  I like to accessorize but I usually stick to matching colors and wearing the same outfits over and over.  I've learned a few things in the past few months about fashion just by reading this blog. 

First, shop your closet
and
Second, try putting different things together that you normally wouldn't.  You know, be daring!

Kendi has a challenge called the 30 for 30 Remix.  She takes 30 items from her closet (shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, etc.) and makes 30 outfits from those items.  Simple, right?  Yeah, maybe not so much for my mediocre fashion knowledge.  I've decided to take the challenge but I'm doing it a bit differently.  I'm going to use my whole closet...not just 30 items!  I'm going to learn how to put different things together and to use my boring, old clothes what I got.

Oh, and I'm trying to curb my shopping addiction during the process so I'll try to refrain from buying clothes.  Not sure how long that will last but I will try.  I've already tried on several new outfits that I put together using just one dress/skirt. 

Wish me luck!  My inner diva is dying to come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment