Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can I call myself a quilter now?

Now that I have made two quilts can I be called an official quilter now?  Not sure if I would go that far but I did enjoy making this quilt for my friend, who is expecting a girl in August.  My sister sent me to this fabulous fabric store, Scrapbooks, Etc., to buy cute material.  And it did not disappoint....except for the fact that it has cuter fabric best suited for girls instead of boys.  My son will have to wait for his quilt then. 

There is no story behind this one except for the fact that it is my first striped one.  I was a bit skeptical when I was laying down all the stripes.  In fact, I hated it.  I told my sister, the quilter in the family, that I was not made to do this.  First of all, I hadn't put on my "new fashion goggles" yet so it was a bit difficult for me to think of all these prints going together.  But I added a few solids and whalah!  My first quilt was made.  I made my share of mistakes but I really liked the finished product.  Hopefully next time it doesn't take me as long.


1 comment: