Thursday, November 17, 2011

Painted on lips

In my quest to become a more Fascinating Woman (for a different post), I've tried to wear lipstick more and more.  My husband would prefer me to wear a black dress with red lipstick more often than not but this is when I was wearing chapstick so you can imagine how often that happened. Times have changed.  I'm a new woman and wear lipstick...sometimes. I've tried to find the right shade and kind but I just haven't.  So, I decided I needed to buy some at Sephora instead of just the grocery store.  You know, maybe I'll get better quality.  And at the park one day we were talking about lip primer and how it makes your lipstick stay on better.  I have friends that swear by it.  I went on a quest that week.

One problem:  I drink tons of water and have a water bottle that said lipstick rubs off on and comes off.  So, I found myself reapplying and reapplying.

The kind lady at Sephora helped me out.  She actually doesn't use lip primer anymore because she doesn't like the look/feel of it.  She uses lipstick with a gloss over it.  She says her lips feel great all day long.  Of course, reapplying is a must sometimes but I actually really like this look too.  This is what I bought.


And can I just say how much the hubby loves my lips.  He doesn't even care that it comes off on him when I kiss him. :)  Okay, much of it is gone to the stem of my water bottle by then (and wiped off with wipe) by the time he gets home but I feel like a new woman with my new look.

I'm a lipstick gal!

3 comments:

  1. i have heard these are good because they kind of feel like burts bees, but in a lipstick.
    I did notice you had some fancy lips on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think I'll go get some. I'm a lip gloss/chapstick girl, but I've been in the market for some new product too. I will make sure to notice and mention your new lipstick look the next time I see you. ;)

    runningtobeskinny.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My concern with those boxed sets are that there will be colors I never use in there. Did you get the whole set or just that particular brand of lipstick? I have wondered about Sephora, but never actually went in there. I have a fear of salespeople getting me to buy more than I want. So I just avoid certain places! :) Anyway, I'll have to check out these city slickers. :)

    ReplyDelete