Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Organize, organize!


As I last stated in my resolution post, I wanted to get more organized.  Not sure if it is nesting (already) or if it is the annual January declutter mode I tend to get in.  Anywho, I've been busy and feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off of my shoulders.  Well, let's not forget I have many more projects to go but I can give myself credit for the ones I've checked off my list so far. :)

Mail Station:  My inspiration was this picture from the Nest Effect.  My mail station was anything but neat and it just bugged me.  So, of course I pinned a lot of ideas and went with something similar to this.  I love it!  I even bought a weekly dry erase calendar so we can ALL see what is going on in the week.  Not sure if my hubby looks at it but it is there for him. :)

Pinned Image


Junk drawer and art drawer:  Trust me.  It's a step up from what it was.



I also created this Home Management Binder.  I've been meaning to do this for ages but finally did it.  I got the idea from The Nest Effect (again) and I Heart Organizing.  A friend of mine also told me what she does.  I only have one kid so my life isn't too busy with different schedules but it will be soon enough.  I simplified it to fit our life and here it is.   

Next up: The Pantry and Kitchen Drawers.  I would say I know where everything is in my kitchen but needless to say some things were needing some change.  My main reason to redo pantry was to make a snack area where my child can grab snacks as he pleases.  I really don't want him eating snacks all the time (and he isn't asking as much as I thought he would), but it is nice to be able to say, "You're hungry?  Well, go get a snack!"  Genius, I tell ya!  I redid all the drawers with fancy compartments to keep everything in it's place/home.  I'm pretty sure no one will be pinning these pictures but I'm loving every second of my new set up.




What have you been organizing or decluttering?

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!
    My "cooking gadget" drawer needs some serious help! You've inspired me. :)
    A chocolate chip cookie along with a good girly TV show might sideline me though....I'm hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy your can organizers in your pantry? I'm in the midst of a pantry redo too! Your stuff looks great!

    ReplyDelete