Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rejuvinated and Renewed by going RAW!

Ah, peeps!  How I have missed you and the blogging world.  I have been away on vacation for three weeks and had to enter the world of reality this past week.  It is good to be back but I sure didn't miss this muggy weather we are having.  Oh, and my runs are harder due to the extreme heat.  But, alas, still good to be back and in the normal routine of life.

This past week I discovered a new thing to add to my daily routine.  Since I was vacationing a lot of the summer I ate like CRAP!  Seriously, you know how it is: road trip after road trip, you take the week off and enjoy dessert every night, maybe enjoying a Creamie every day because they are only sold in Utah, etc.  The list goes on and on.  Well, when I eat like crap, I feel like crap.  Plain and simple.  You are what you eat, right?  So, I knew I had to do something when I got back into town. 

My cousin was doing a juice cleanse and I knew I needed to do something like that.  To cleanse my body of all the Creamies   junk I'd been eating.  She gave me a few websites to look at and RAW DIVAS caught my eye.  I signed up to do the 7-day Detox Challenge.  And the very next day I started. I can't even tell you how great I feel.  My skin, my hair, my insides.  Fabulous!  I lost those summer pounds that I tend to pack on every year and more.  But I don't care about that (ok, I really do but babysteps, babysteps my friends).  I just feel stronger and, if you will, "cleansed."

It was nothing new.  Just fruit and veggies.  And a lot of them.

I am used to eating somewhat healthy but this detox was amazing! I made Green Smoothies every day.  I was already in the habit of making those for breakfast so no problem there.  I also tried different greens and fruit.  My family even joined me in the fun.  Dinner was simple yet filling.  I was surprised at how full I felt all day long.

Was I perfect the whole week?  No
Do I think I could keep doing this my whole life? No. 
But I do think I'll try to eat mostly raw during the day and then a sensible dinner and maybe Chickfila here and there.:)

But when I wanted to eat all I wanted was fruits and veggies.  Seriously!  Other things didn't tempt me as much anymore.  My motivation = I love the way I feel. 

If you try it, let me know how it goes.  I'd love to hear about it.

4 comments:

  1. RAW is probably the best way to go...if you aren't just going to eat Creamies ;) sorry to bring the Magnum bars- they are just heavenly death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try after I have this baby. There's no way I could do it now. I'll be calling you for help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I am so proud of you. Imagining it just seemed brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun cleanse!! Glad it helped get the traveling crap out of the system. I totally know that feeling!!! :) WELCOME BACK!

    ReplyDelete