Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ambulance Quilt



There is a blog I've read telling a story behind all the quilts shown.  So, here is my story.  At first, I didn't think this quilt would have a story but it turned out to have an ironic twist.  I made this quilt for our cousin having her first baby. I tried something new because I didn't have tons of time to make a full on quilt and after making quilts I just can't seem to make just a baby blanket (my kind anyway) anymore. 

JoAnn's hooked me up finally by having cute boy material.  I started quilting the top.  I finished the day of the baby shower, just in the nic of time.  But then we got an email saying the shower was cancelled due to the guest of honor being in a car accident and still in the hospital.  She was ambulanced to the hospital and had to stay over a few nights to monitor baby.  Everything is fine now and the shower is back on for this week.

So I guess this quilt can always be called the "Ambulance Quilt."

No comments:

Post a Comment