Thursday, October 6, 2011

Math Problems?

 
 
Recently I was contacted by the parents of a girl I used to tutor in Math 6 years ago.  Not sure if you knew but I used to teach elementary school (5th/6th grade).  The parents wanted me to tutor their other daughter who is also struggling in Math.  We have met for two weeks so far and can I just say that I still have it in me....to teach!

I knew before she came that if she was struggling in Math she didn't know her Math facts.  You know basic addition, subtraction, but especially multiplication, and division.  It always boils down to this.  Sure enough.  I was right.

So, if your child is struggling in Math, please focus on Math facts.  Buy some flashcards or look up some games on the internet to make it more fun.  But the faster your kid can learn them, the more they can concentrate on the other concepts being taught. 

I may be posting different math games to enhance your child's Math skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment